The season of Lent derives its name from the ‘lengthening days’ of spring. It’s a season of reflective preparation for the great feast of Easter. At St. Margaret’s this year, there are several offerings to ‘till the soil’ of your faith this Lenten season.
Ash Wednesday service Feb 26 @ 7 pm
A contemplative service with Taize songs and prayer and ‘imposition of ashes’ to start the season of Lent
Lenten Children’s Program
During the Sundays of Lent and Easter—starting on March 1 and ending on April 12—we will have a program for children during part of the morning church services. We’ll tell stories from the life of Jesus, we’ll act them out, we’ll sing about them, and we’ll make things to use and give to others. Perhaps you’d like to assist? Please speak to Rev’d Sarah T. There’s no better way to learn than to teach! And you could reach out to friends to invite them to come and bring their children.
Lenten Meals, Music, Movies, and Musings
During Lent we will meet together, usually over a soup and bread meal, to meditate on the meaning of this season—with the help of music, movies, readings, and paintings. Here are the times and places; if you need a ride please do call either the Wilkinsons or Phillip Grehan who will be happy to arrange transportation.
* Wednesday, March 4, 5:30 Meal, Movie and Musings at the Wilkinson’sMovie: Entertaining Angels—the story of the life and work of Dorothy Day, founder of the Catholic Worker movement
* Wednesday, March 11, 5:30Meal, Music and Musings at Wendy Lloyd’s,
* Friday, March 20, 1:30 PM Discussion of Lenten Readings from Ronald Rolheiser at Phillip Grehan’s
* Wednesday, March 25, 5:30 Meal, Movie and Musings at the Wilkinson’s, Movie: Either Of Gods and Men or Corpus Christi
* Wednesday, April 1, 5:30 Meal, Music and Musings at the Wilkinson’s, 1A reading of the Passion Story from the gospel of Matthew illustrated by Canadian painter William Kurelek’s 160 Passion paintings
Lenten Services every Sunday in March, always at 10:30 am
* March 1
* March 15
* March 22
* March 29
All are welcome! Join us for music and readings...and always for coffee and refreshments afterwards.